The Academy Of Martial Arts Studies
Where Soke Cullen is a proud member of
Where Christ is Grandmaster
CLICK HERE FOR OUR TWO MONTH "TRY & TRAIN SPECIAL!" CLICK HERE TO SEE A STAND ALONE CREED
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE POLICY PAGE
CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR TESTIMONIALS!
We are UNIQUE! All of our classes are age/experience appropriate classes. Imagine a class with 8 year olds, teenages and adults all training at the same time! Which person do you teach while the rest on the floor suffer and don't get fed proper martial arts training. We think that that form of training makes NO SENSE and provides a HUGE disservice to its students. That is why THE ACADEMY OF MARTIAL ARTS STUDIES ONLY HOLDS CLASSES THAT TEACH TO THE STUDENTS AGE/LEVEL. That's just one way to EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE IN EXCELLENCE @ The Academy!
More on why we do what we do: Come and see why the students at The Academy of Martial Arts Studies continue to train year after year with us. One reason is that we don't just toss students on the floor in a mish mash mixture or ages and ranks. When that occurs (like most schools in our area) NO ONE gets the proper instruction because there are very young mixed with teens or even adults and young white belts training next to brown or black belts of all ages. And that can be intimidating and scary to a child. OUR METHODS are proven sound and nurture students of all ages, so that they may learn at their own speed with peers their own ages and general rank/experience. As a result, the student base progresses together, lifting each other up and inspiring each other instead of fighting hard just trying to keep up. We pride ourselves on the one on one attention each and every student receives at The Academy and the results speak for themselves! So please come visit us, talk to our parents and students and find out what makes The Academy of Martial Arts Studies YOUR CHOICE FOR THE BEST KARATE, FITNESS, and DEFENSE.
MORE THAN JUST A KARATE SCHOOL: We are more than a karate school. We are a true Academy of Martial Arts Studies where we accommodate students from the age of 3 on up and instill in them the precepts of Health, Education and Commitment. We offer MORE CHOICES, MORE CLASSES AND MORE EXPERIENCE than any school in the area. All of our instructors are Nationally and Internationally Ranked and Certified. Most of our instructors are academically degreed as well as belted in a variety of martial arts disciplines which will be taught at The Academy.
OUR INSTRUCTORS ARE THE BEST! Our martial arts instructors have over 100 years of martial arts experience ranging from 40+ years to a minimum of 8 years per instructor. In addition to training with the internationally ranked staff at The Academy, membership will be able to have the opportunity to occasionally train with the world class martial arts leaders who sit on the Board of Directors of http://www.ateruworldwideassociation.com (AWA)
The AWA Board of Directors stands with The Academy of Martial Arts Studies in striving for and accrediting excellence. That’s the kind of foundation you want to base your training on!
About Our Facilities
Our facility offers an 1600 square foot training area so we can accommodate the running of more than one class or split the class up into different levels at the same time. This allows students the ability to work in a group of peers and at their own growth rate.
AMENITIES: Viewing area /check-in area, restrooms & changing rooms.
LOCATION: We are located at 102 Crystal Ave. Suite A (next to the Marathon/Circle K on the curve where Walnut/Crystal Ave meet - 1 block from Archies) . We have ample free parking for your convenience.
OFFICE: If you have a PRIVATE lesson appointment or Academy visit scheduled please arrive on time, wearing loose clothing.
WHEN TO ARRIVE: To accommodate the variety of classes we teach and the students that attend them we ask that you ARRIVE NO MORE THAN 5 MINUTES BEFORE CLASS, as soon as you enter, scan card then hang up coats/book bags on coat hooks, then take off shoes and place "toes-in" on the viewing wall. Then if you need to change use one of the two available dressing rooms (remember the bathroom is the SENSEI'S DRESSING ROOM ONLY as long as no one is occupying it). Place gear bags under student pew. ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RESTROOM IN THE FRONT BEFORE CLASS STARTS AS THERE IS A 20 KNUCKLE PUSHUP PENALTY FOR NEEDING TO TAKE A BATHROOM BREAK DURING CLASS.
ALL OF OUR CLASSES ARE AGE AND EXPERIENCE APPROPRIATE! OTHER BENEFITS OF TRAINING HERE :
- Hanshi Cullen (our chief instructor) is an internationally recognized 10th Dan/Soke and Founder of Ateru Goju Ryu Karate Justu.(2002) He also holds black belts in Okinawan Karate, Okinawan Kempo, Judo, JuJitsu and Combat Karate and has trained US SECRET SERVICE AGENTS,US Federal Agents, US NAVY S.E.A.L. team members and had acted as body guard for Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor Wesley Snipes and Japanese dignitaries.
- Licensed Staff has over 100 years exp. plus FBI & BCI clearance.
- Small class size, every student's needs are met. No child left behind.
- Age specific classes- you AND your child can grow in the arts at your own pace.
- Quality lessons: Including one on one black belt instruction at NO EXTRA CHARGE if needed.
- Life Lessons: students are taught the arts plus respect, goal setting, self esteem, how to control anger & hyper activity.
- Goju karate is the best defense based close in style available- As stated on the TV show "Human Weapon"
- OLDEST Traditional school in Hancock Co. EST. 1979
GET THE RESULTS YOU'RE LOOKING FOR , LIKE A MORE…
- Respectful child
- Focused child
- Healthier child
- Happier child
- Higher self esteem
- Less Stress
- FBI-BCI registered safe. Our Instructors are board certified and our rank is Internationally Recognized
- ADULT TRAINING BENEFITS: Stress REMOVAL, More FOCUS, Lose WEIGHT, Firmer BODY, More FLEXIBILITY, Great SELF DEFENSE BENEFIT.
- Guest observation/waiting area.
ENROLL TODAY! GIVE US A CALL TODAY!